Xbox 360 LEDs

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

ebonixboy
Xbox 360 LEDs

Post by ebonixboy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:44 am

So I just decided to take my 360 slim apart to consider making a laptop but I ran into a problem.
I extended the RF board and wired buttons for the power, sync, and eject. Everything was working properly
for a few days because I would check it every once in awhile. Last night I went to power it on and still
everything was fine. Not even 15 minutes later I powered it on again and this time the ring of lights
LEDs did not light up at all...disc drive still worked, fan still worked, everything seemed to work fine but
the LEDs were not on.

This morning I went to check it to make sure I wasn't just hallucinating last night, and sure enough they still were not coming on.
So I decided to unplug the power cord from the motherboard then I put it back in and tried again...somehow this fixed it and the LEDs turned on. But I'm concerned because If I actually do make a laptop I wouldn't want the LEDs to completely give out.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?
Is there a pin on the RF board that I should re-check the connection to which could cause something like this to happen?

humakabula1
360 GamerTag:H1writer

Re: Xbox 360 LEDs

Post by humakabula1 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:08 pm

re-check all the pins you soldered. it may have something to do with them.
if they are all good, it might have been a glitch.
Wedgix (custom linux distro): 20% complete