My Idea For a Xbox 360 WVI. Need help, and suggestions.

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

Xqtftqx
My Idea For a Xbox 360 WVI. Need help, and suggestions.

Post by Xqtftqx » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:27 pm

Hi everybody, im new here. After reading on hackaday about Technott's PS3 WVI, i decided i needed one of them for my xbox. I lack the equipment and such to really make a full one like his, but i have a new idea.

My idea is to take an xbox 360 charging cable, which snaps on to the top of a controller, and rip that apart and attach a cellphone/ipod/iphone mount to it. Then use that to attach my ipod touch. Id then take a wireless router with a usb port and the capability of running ddwrt and connect a usb capture card, which would get connected to my xbox.

I'm fully capable of compiling the drivers/writing the drivers needed for the capture card and getting the router to stream it to the ipod in almost real time. Also, my ipod touch is jail broken so using a third party streaming app is probably needed, as the limitations on mp4 streaming

I'm wondering what everybody thinks of this idea, and can see any problems i could run into before i make the investment in the parts.

Sorry if this is noobish, something you don't like, or anything. This is my first post :/

OMGpedobear

Re: My Idea For a Xbox 360 WVI. Need help, and suggestions.

Post by OMGpedobear » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:09 am

if im honest i think its ocer complicated and fraught with problems, the only way to get video outof the xbox is the av cable, capture cards are not a good idea s many here have found as they delay is often horrible making games completely unplayable. It could work but it will bit infinitely easier to build a conventional one or buy one as opposed to lugging round a router an ipod touch a full 360controller and the battery to power all this. Also most routers have 8 mb flash memory max, how are you possibly going to get a buffer big enough to stream realtime composite with 8 mb ? It is theoretically possible but this is the wrong place to ask for software problems , and seeing as there's almsot no hardware modification at all its the wrong place :(. Sorry to be defeatist but IMO over all it wont work, however a WVI like people have built here, we can help with that :).

EDIT: Where are my manners, welcome to Ben heck :).

collinE

Re: My Idea For a Xbox 360 WVI. Need help, and suggestions.

Post by collinE » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:55 am

I really don't know enough about all that to do it myself, but I think OMGpedobear is pretty right on all accounts. My biggest concern, if you actually got all that up and running, would be the lag. You'd certainly get a feature on tech sites if you did it, though. :)
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Ridonkulous