3PS60 Controller, Wired 360 controller in PS3 shell

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

RDC
Re: Can you fix the bugs?

Post by RDC » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:01 pm

xThe_OmegaX wrote: So How many controllers would you need and if I send them to you could I have the one that comes out of the Tutorial?
It 'technically' takes 3 controllers to do this although it's really only 2, BUT, they have to be specific controllers, ya can't just use any 360 controller and any PS3 controller.

The PS3 controller has to be one of the older Six-Axis version boards with the 3 leg POTs. (The 3rd controller is really only if ya want the Rumble feature added, as ya need one of the newer DualShock 3 shells that has the mounts for the motors) There are only 3 of these older 3 leg POT version boards that I know of and ya can only really tell for sure if ya have one by opening the things up to see the bottom of the board and that it does have the 3 leg POTs.

MSUPP4.0 5, MSUPP4.0 9 and MSUPP4.0 11

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=648322" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The 360 controller has to be the newer Wired CL version.

The last 3 digits of the part number on the sticker of the controller will tell if it's a CL or Matrix, the CL ends in -005 or -006 while the Matrix ends in -007.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=635462" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So long as you plan to pay for the work done on the controller I don't have any issue with ya getting the controller when it's all finished, but if ya mean to just send them to me so I can do all that work for nothing then that's a different story completely. It takes me a few days to build the controller, takes way longer than that since I'll have to stop every 10 seconds and take a good pic (which means getting 5 bad ones) and then making sure the tutorial conveys what the pictures don't, because even though a picture is worth a thousand words it's the ones that it doesn't tell that are the most important, then having to go and tear it back down at least 3 times when it's done because there isn't a good pic of this or that for some part of the tutorial. So for that week or so of just doing the controller work expecting anyone to do all that for nothing isn't going to happen, unless that person just has it bad for ya or something.
Last edited by RDC on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.
Re-mappable Wireless 360 Controller - The CGnome

ThatPerson000

Post by ThatPerson000 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:52 pm

Hey,I was wondering if you could transfer a PS3 dpad onto a 360 controller. My friends BF did it but there's no video of him how he did it,but here's the video of her showing it off.
Let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83cn416oPsw

RDC

Post by RDC » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:18 pm

ThatPerson000 wrote:Hey,I was wondering if you could transfer a PS3 dpad onto a 360 controller. My friends BF did it but there's no video of him how he did it,but here's the video of her showing it off.
Let me know what you think.
Just to set the record straight, yer friends BF didn't make that controller, I did. So yes I can do that. ;)

There's no video of me doing it either, but ya can see how the majority of it was done here..

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=655017

..or if ya are seriously interested in having one made up ya can PM me about it if ya like.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

RDC

Post by RDC » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:10 am

Well, here we go with version 2 of this thing...

The differences here are I'm going after keeping the Triggers Analog and installing a Headset jack, making it pretty much as close to a 360 controller as it can get. It's still in the very early stages right now as I'm getting the main functions wired up and working first.

As of right now both Sticks (just the Analog functions), LB/RB, A, B, X and Y are wired up and working.

Next will be the D-pad and Clicks (Stick buttons) then the LEDs (already swapped to Green) and then the Rumble motors, Triggers and Headset jack will be the last things to get sorted. The Rumble motors aren't too big a deal as I've already done them on the previous version and I don't expect the Headset jack to be too big a pain, just have to find one that will fit in there. Then the Triggers, which require adding in another daughter board, mega PITA and is what it took to get the L1/2 and R1/2 swapped on another PS3 controller I messed with awhile back.

RDC

Post by RDC » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:31 am

OK, now Select, Start, Guide, Clicks, D-pad and the LEDs are all wired up..

Just have to mess with the Rumble, Triggers and Headset jack.

RDC

Post by RDC » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:57 pm

The Triggers are done, still Analog but they sorta do bite this way.

The reason being is the way the Sony controller is designed, the L2/R2 buttons have to be pulled about halfway before the pad even hits the button contact, so ya really only have about 1/4" or so of play for the Analog feature. Those buttons really are awful and is something Sony needs to revise instead of changing the board layout over and over and over again, I'm sure they have some over engineered hall effect part they could stick in there like they did on the Sticks and finally give the Triggers a real Analog range to them, wouldn't hurt to redo the shape of the actual buttons either so it, oh I dunno, feels more like a Trigger maybe?

Headset jack and Rumble motors are on the way and then I'll have about had it with this thing. ;)

RDC

Post by RDC » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:38 am

Just a little update on this thing. I have the Headset connector test mounted, just have to secure it and then wire it up, then the Rumble motors and then this one is a done deal.

falkenheart

Post by falkenheart » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:50 am

How much would you charge to make this and is it possible to put a 360 d-pad in it
Nothing ventured Nothing gained go in there, guns blazing

exploding.monkey

Post by exploding.monkey » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:32 pm

no posting in old posts

RDC

Post by RDC » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:23 am

exploding.monkey wrote:no posting in old posts
A month old topic isn't old, and you technically posted in it as well. ;)
falkenheart wrote:How much would you charge to make this and is it possible to put a 360 d-pad in it
Putting a 360 D-pad in there would be more of a hassle than it would be worth. Depends on how exactly you'd want it setup as to what it would cost, but it's a right expensive controller to make up. PM me if you're interested in having one done though.

exploding.monkey

Post by exploding.monkey » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:00 pm

RDC wrote: A month old topic isn't old, and you technically posted in it as well.
damn... :P

MariTrunks

Re: 3PS60 Controller, Wired 360 controller in PS3 shell

Post by MariTrunks » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:00 pm

Damn I want that controller.

Anyone want to sell me theirs? lol

I can cover shipping costs too ;)

grossaffe

Re: 3PS60 Controller, Wired 360 controller in PS3 shell

Post by grossaffe » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:56 am

exploding.monkey wrote:No posting in old threads.
A [two] month old topic isn't old, and you technically posted in it as well. ;)

/RDC