Xbox 360 Messenger Kit Questions

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3
Xbox 360 Messenger Kit Questions

Post by vskid » Sun May 11, 2008 6:34 pm

I'm wondering if anyone knows if the chatpad is USB (in disguise, of course). One of the signs of it probably being USB would be the 360 controller showing a USB hub in the device manager when connected to a computer. So could someone with a wired 360 controller plug it in and find out? Or even better, open up a chatpad and try it out with USB.

If it is USB compatible, then my Lifebook might become a tablet with a chatpad attached to it (onscreen keyboards suck and full keyboards are worse than leaving it the way it is).

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Mon May 12, 2008 2:38 pm

I don't think it is man. I plugged my 360 Controller into my PC, and PC recognized it. Yet when I plug the chatpad in, it does nothing.

The PC doesn't even see it there. The controller still works but the PC does NOT see the chatpad.

(It doesn't even say "Found new Hardware")

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Mon May 12, 2008 4:35 pm

Thanks for trying anyways.
After some further research, I found that it won't work at this time. It could work if hacked (I guess the chip in it is easy to hack) or if Microsoft releases some drivers for it. What I might do is get it and wire it to a USB keyboard's controller, since the controller board can be about the same size as the chatpad.