Nametags?

Moderator:Moderators

wallydawg
Nametags?

Post by wallydawg » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:52 pm

So who's turn is it to forget about these this year? :P

I probably have the old designs in my pm box still so I can splice some together with new names/avatars but I can't print them out.

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Re: Nametags?

Post by jdmlight » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:10 pm

wallydawg wrote:So who's turn is it to forget about these this year? :P

I probably have the old designs in my pm box still so I can splice some together with new names/avatars but I can't print them out.
If the labels themselves aren't too expensive, I would be willing to do it.
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

alentris

Post by alentris » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:38 pm

Not Brian, he forgot them last year. :|

jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:31 pm

alentris wrote:Not Brian, he forgot them last year. :|
He even brought the printer with him and still forgot them. :lol:

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/5 ... hipping-3/ These aren't too expensive and seem to be about the right size for nametags. I'll do it!

Also I think I will give each person three nametags, one for each day (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) because the sticky stuff probably isn't all that reusable.
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:13 pm

jdmlight wrote:Also I think I will give each person three nametags, one for each day (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) because the sticky stuff probably isn't all that reusable.
You guys change shirts everyday?

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:30 pm

vskid wrote:
jdmlight wrote:Also I think I will give each person three nametags, one for each day (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) because the sticky stuff probably isn't all that reusable.

Strictly speaking, tags for Friday probably aren't needed - we're at the hotel then, and unless I'm mistaken, everybody in the suite knows everyone else.

Squintus
Steam ID:tehsquint

Post by Squintus » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:38 pm

eagle5953 wrote:
vskid wrote:

Strictly speaking, tags for Friday probably aren't needed - we're at the hotel then, and unless I'm mistaken, everybody in the suite knows everyone else.
Who were you again?

jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:28 pm

Large image warning.
Comments? Obviously the user avatars will be filled in as I get them. (or at the last minute they'll just be that person's current avatar)

Edit: Labels ordered from Amazon. I have no idea what I am going to do with 200 2"x4" labels, but hey, it was $5.68 free shipping.

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:21 am

These are classy. My only suggestions would be to keep the avatars either centered along the left hand side of the badge (so there is a white border around all sides, like lorne's), or just have it cover the entire left side of the badge, like yours is but have it go all the way down to the benheck.com bar. Also having our old joystick logo behind the full and usernames would look cool, lower the opacity to around maybe 35% or something. I don't have any image editing software at the moment so I can't show you what I'm talking about, hopefully it makes sense.

jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:34 am

wallydawg wrote:These are classy. My only suggestions would be to keep the avatars either centered along the left hand side of the badge (so there is a white border around all sides, like lorne's), or just have it cover the entire left side of the badge, like yours is but have it go all the way down to the benheck.com bar. Also having our old joystick logo behind the full and usernames would look cool, lower the opacity to around maybe 35% or something. I don't have any image editing software at the moment so I can't show you what I'm talking about, hopefully it makes sense.
Avatars fixed. I decided to just have them fill the left hand side of the badge.

Do you know where I could get the old joystick logo from? I like the idea of a subtle watermark behind the name/username.
Edit: Or where I could get a higher-res version than this?: Image
Last edited by jdmlight on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:25 pm

Check the internet archives of the old forum link http://benheck.com/phpBB/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for the joystick. Other than that there is a small one in Ben's Avatar and another one in Gannon's signature, you could use a free vector website to enlarge it on worst case scenario. I think someone put it on a tshirt as well but most of the images in the TShirt Contest Threads are gone.

jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:59 pm

Here's my re-tracing of the Atari joystick. The biggest image I could find was in gannon's signature, and it looked awful blown up to the right size for a watermark.
I'll post an image of what it looks like on the nametags a bit later.
Edit: And here we go! Large image warning again.

Edit2: Please PM me if you're not going to be in the BH Suite but are going to MGC and would like a nametag!
Last edited by jdmlight on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:24 pm

Looks good :)
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:54 pm

Myself and my friends are confirmed!

jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:55 am

If anyone going to MGC wants a nametag, I'll be glad to make one. I have a package of 200 labels. :lol: (and I think I'll make everyone two labels, one for Saturday one for Sunday, and I'll make a third for those staying in the suite for Friday night since there are a few new people)

Just PM me your first&last name along with whatever picture you would like to have beside your name. If you have guests and they don't get back to you on what picture they want, you have 100% liberty to pick something funny for them. :wink: