MGC 2011 thread!

Moderator:Moderators

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953
Re: MGC 2011 thread!

Post by eagle5953 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Metallica Man X wrote:That is indeed quite possible...I know I bout died after watching those random youtube videos (especially powerthirst!)
Something about watching hilarious YouTube videos while being unable to laugh out loud due to people sleeping makes it funnier still... I'm gonna need to make a list of some new ones for this year.

And I'm bringing some movies that some people criminally have not yet seen.

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:33 pm

eagle5953 wrote:
Metallica Man X wrote:That is indeed quite possible...I know I bout died after watching those random youtube videos (especially powerthirst!)
Something about watching hilarious YouTube videos while being unable to laugh out loud due to people sleeping makes it funnier still... I'm gonna need to make a list of some new ones for this year.

And I'm bringing some movies that some people criminally have not yet seen.
What if everything you ever wanted CAME IN A ROCKET CAN!

Yeah, that was the best. I agree with ya Kyle, the inability to lol definitely made it funnier.
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:38 pm

The fact that it was about 3am didn't hurt either. :lol:
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:57 pm

And once again it's the same weekend as another convention I've already committed to attend. Maybe next year guys?
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:59 pm

Black Six wrote:And once again it's the same weekend as another convention I've already committed to attend. Maybe next year guys?
D: Oh well, maybe next year.
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:16 pm

This year, I think we do need to make a point of keeping updated those who cannot be there. We've talked about it in years past, but usually it just consisted of everyone posting their pictures within a few days.

Does anyone know if one twitter account can be updated from a dozen or so different cell phones (via text message)? Getting a good wifi connection is problematic, but cell coverage is solid.

jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:28 pm

eagle5953 wrote:This year, I think we do need to make a point of keeping updated those who cannot be there. We've talked about it in years past, but usually it just consisted of everyone posting their pictures within a few days.

Does anyone know if one twitter account can be updated from a dozen or so different cell phones (via text message)? Getting a good wifi connection is problematic, but cell coverage is solid.
We could make a Facebook group for it, then you can post on that wall by sending "wall insertpagename message" to FBOOK.

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:34 pm

That could work...too bad I wouldn't touch FB with an 8 meter cattle prod lol.
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:53 pm

Metallica Man X wrote:That could work...too bad I wouldn't touch FB with an 8 meter cattle prod lol.
Lulz. I understand. Facebook scares me sometimes...

I still think it'd be a good idea to have somewhere that we could post updates and such. Anyone more experienced with Twitter?

In other news, I'm planning on bringing my PS2 and MacBook Pro (with TV connection stuffs) again this year for the suite. So if you've got any DVDs you'd like to bring, you'd be welcome to use either of the two. You could also bring movies on a hard drive too.

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:46 am

I would really like to attend this time around. I had such a blast in '09.

Maybe we can give a presentation about designing stuff up in Illustrator and having it CNC'd? There are a lot of folks who seem interested in that.

No doubt about it - the 2011 show is going to rock :D

dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:14 am

eagle5953 wrote:This year, I think we do need to make a point of keeping updated those who cannot be there. We've talked about it in years past, but usually it just consisted of everyone posting their pictures within a few days.

I'm pretty sure there are ways of doing that, at least on computers. Not sure if it will let you do it on a phone. You could just all use the same hash tag (#mgc11) and then it would be easy for people to search for it.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:25 am

Brilliant!

I'd actually start a Twitter account for this... Also, unlike facebook (?), you wouldn't have to be a member to view the updates.

jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:05 am

eagle5953 wrote:Brilliant!

I'd actually start a Twitter account for this... Also, unlike facebook (?), you wouldn't have to be a member to view the updates.
If we could get a Twitter account working for this that'd be pretty sweet.

Also, if I remember to bring the charger for my camera this year (which I totally forgot last year :lol: ) I'll upload pictures during MGC.

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:02 pm

Metallica Man, I don't know if it will make it into the final cut, but in Episode 4 of the show I get a call and my ringtone is Possumus Monster Syndrome.

-Ben

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:55 pm

I moved all the MGC 2010 topics into a subforum inside MGC Discussion, so there's room for this year's topics!

Would you guys like this thread moved in there to get things started?