MGC 2011 thread!

Moderator:Moderators

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup
Re: MGC 2011 thread!

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:16 pm

bicostp wrote:I moved all the MGC 2010 topics into a subforum inside MGC Discussion, so there's room for this year's topics!

Would you guys like this thread moved in there to get things started?
Sounds good to me! :mrgreen:
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:35 pm

MGC 2010 was awesome. Here's hoping I'm able to make it next year.

Now it's time to figure out how I'm going to be able to make. But hey, there's plenty of time.

Maybe next year, I'll be somewhat more normal.

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:39 am

i had a ton of fun doing a few impromptu Q&A sessions about all the stuff i brought with me, perhaps if i have some actual working stuff to show this year i could set up an actual presentation this time :lol: and i would totally be up for the twitter/facebook mobile update idea and perhaps a BHE live webcast if we can get internet there

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:18 am

I checked - only one phone number per account, so the hashtag idea will have to work. On a very related note, I finally set up a twitter account, so I will be able to participate. I already registered my phone, so I will be able to do so via text message.

People will only need to click a link like this one to see updates from everyone. Good idea with hashtags!

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:04 pm

eagle5953 wrote:I checked - only one phone number per account, so the hashtag idea will have to work. On a very related note, I finally set up a twitter account, so I will be able to participate. I already registered my phone, so I will be able to do so via text message.

People will only need to click a link like this one to see updates from everyone. Good idea with hashtags!
Great idea. I'm in!
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:26 pm

Life of Brian wrote:Great idea. I'm in!
For reasons I don't understand, neither of your test tweets show up when searching.

nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:05 am

eagle5953 wrote:
Life of Brian wrote:Great idea. I'm in!
For reasons I don't understand, neither of your test tweets show up when searching.
Hmmm.... works for me

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 am

I don't know why it's only showing one of two tests - I tried upper and lower case #MGC11 and #mgc11. I don't think it should matter, but whatever...

To be honest I never really understood how Twitter works nor did I care, but all of us uploading pics and funny stuff should be fun so I'm willing to give it a try.

Talked the trip over with my wife yesterday and she's all for going. Time to start planning!

eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:54 am

Life of Brian wrote:I don't know why it's only showing one of two tests - I tried upper and lower case #MGC11 and #mgc11. I don't think it should matter, but whatever...

To be honest I never really understood how Twitter works nor did I care, but all of us uploading pics and funny stuff should be fun so I'm willing to give it a try.

Talked the trip over with my wife yesterday and she's all for going. Time to start planning!
Yeah, I don't know why either. Glad you'll make it this year!

thewise1
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by thewise1 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:12 pm

I'm pretty sure that I'll be there again next year, I hope I will have finished a portable this time, instead of bringing in the rushed 64 boy. Can't wait to see everyone again.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:49 pm

I'm thinking about bringing along a case I had laser cut and assembling it "LIVE!" and stuffing SNES guts into it. Should be fun. I'll pre-wire the relocated cartridge jack and stuff like that so it's nothing too tedious to show off.

Biased

Post by Biased » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:59 pm

It might be even harder for me to get there than it ended up being this past year. I'll have a car, money, and something to actually bring for BHE, but I'll be in college, and have to drive myself from North Dakota all the way to Wisconsin :P. I am going to try my darndest to attend.

Here's to hoping I can make it and not waste $60 on buying tickets and reserving a suite spot with Sponge. Cross your fingers for me.

If I do end up going, would anyone staying in the suite be willing to bring interesting snacks and/or drinks from their hometown/state? We could keep them in the room for a delicious snack spread for when everyone's there hanging out. I know it was suggested last year (and I volunteered to bring a bunch of goodies and never showed up :P). Also T-Shirts. I volunteered to make them, and I never got around to making my own silk screening stuff. I probably won't this year with all of the college stuff that will be on my plate, but maybe we could get some to show awesome unity and awesomeness.

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:20 pm

Biased wrote:It might be even harder for me to get there than it ended up being this past year. I'll have a car, money, and something to actually bring for BHE, but I'll be in college, and have to drive myself from North Dakota all the way to Wisconsin :P. I am going to try my darndest to attend.

Here's to hoping I can make it and not waste $60 on buying tickets and reserving a suite spot with Sponge. Cross your fingers for me.

If I do end up going, would anyone staying in the suite be willing to bring interesting snacks and/or drinks from their hometown/state? We could keep them in the room for a delicious snack spread for when everyone's there hanging out. I know it was suggested last year (and I volunteered to bring a bunch of goodies and never showed up :P). Also T-Shirts. I volunteered to make them, and I never got around to making my own silk screening stuff. I probably won't this year with all of the college stuff that will be on my plate, but maybe we could get some to show awesome unity and awesomeness.
*fingers crossed*

I'll second the bringing of noms. I'd have to think about an "interesting" Chicago-style snack, if I can't think of anything I'll bring Pringles or Double-Stuf Oreos or something.

Custom T-shirts would indeed be awesome. I don't have the materials to do that, but if no one can make T-shirts I'd be willing to make nametags.
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:50 pm

Biased wrote:If I do end up going, would anyone staying in the suite be willing to bring interesting snacks and/or drinks from their hometown/state? We could keep them in the room for a delicious snack spread for when everyone's there hanging out. I know it was suggested last year (and I volunteered to bring a bunch of goodies and never showed up :P).
Get your own dang idea man! :P

Anyways, you weren't the only one who forgot to bring stuff when they said they would. I ended up being the only one who brought something. And that was a 6 pack of Ale-8-One soda.

For next year, I'm going to try and bring two 6 packs of Ale-8-One. And try to find a locally made snack food too.

Biased

Post by Biased » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:47 pm

nightwheel wrote:Get your own dang idea man! :P

Anyways, you weren't the only one who forgot to bring stuff when they said they would. I ended up being the only one who brought something. And that was a 6 pack of Ale-8-One soda.

For next year, I'm going to try and bring two 6 packs of Ale-8-One. And try to find a locally made snack food too.
Yup, I remember it being your idea, and it's good. It's a good way to get a bunch of food for the room. kind of like a junk food potluck.