Quick Question Regarding PSP Mod

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

SJGB
Quick Question Regarding PSP Mod

Post by SJGB » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:51 pm

Hey, I'm wanting to put a spare Mem Stick Duo slot on my PSP (3001, if it matters). Not a functional one, mind you, it's just that I have two sticks, one large one for isos and emulators, and a small one for music and re-ChickHENing the thing when it's powered down. The large one is too slow for music and while it CAN do the tiff exploit, it takes many tries to get it to work while the small one can usually do it on the first try. That and my PSP is my only MP3 player and I pretty much have to have music while I do my daily long-ass commute.

Aside: Play the Devil May Cry series soundtracks on the road. Your car goes faster. Fact.

So basically what I want to do is be able to store both sticks on the PSP. I have (well, had) an old PSP with a shattered screen that I have just now torn completely the copulate apart to get the little clicky metal sleeve the Mem Stick snaps into, and I'm basically planning to use my tried and true krazy glue + strips of spandex method of putting two things together to stick it on the outside of the case of my current PSP in some location.

TL;DR MY QUESTION GENTLEMEN IS:
Is there some location on the back of a PSP 3000 case that might erase a mem stick if I put it there? I have no idea how any of this works but my current best option is looking like the battery lid, not least of which because I have a spare one to ruin if I copulate up, but like...magnetic fields? Or something?