NES GBA SP Screen Swap results

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

k_man316
NES GBA SP Screen Swap results

Post by k_man316 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:27 pm

Got in the NES GBA SP and it's in really good shape for the price. The case has some light scratches and the interior is perfect.

I went ahead with transferring the guts and screen of a brighter GBA SP to the NES GBA SP (I HATE Tri-wing screws!!!) and love the results, it's the perfect SP to me now! Have a look...

Before (original screen):

After (GBA SP "brighter" screen)

Pkmnjunky7
Portablizer

Re: NES GBA SP Screen Swap results

Post by Pkmnjunky7 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:26 pm

Sweetness. I like your style. 8)

Diminuendo

Post by Diminuendo » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:56 am

nice

kkaden
Steam ID:kaden_kyarel

Post by kkaden » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:53 am

Dunno if it's a prob digging up such an old thread, but I have one of these NES-P's myself and I was wondering, are there any significant differences on the MoBo of the AGS-101 compared to the 001? More specifically is an LCD for an AGS-101 completely incompatible with an AGS-001?

I kinda wanna harvest the frontlight of my NES-P for my GBC, and then buy an AGS-101 replacement LCD panel... or I could just buy a new SP on ebay or something and do the internals/shell transplant.

duo_r

Post by duo_r » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:15 pm

is it pretty hard swapping a "brighter screen" SP into the NES SP? Do all the buttons match up?

Polonius

Post by Polonius » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:09 pm

kkaden wrote:Dunno if it's a prob digging up such an old thread, but I have one of these NES-P's myself and I was wondering, are there any significant differences on the MoBo of the AGS-101 compared to the 001? More specifically is an LCD for an AGS-101 completely incompatible with an AGS-001?

I kinda wanna harvest the frontlight of my NES-P for my GBC, and then buy an AGS-101 replacement LCD panel... or I could just buy a new SP on ebay or something and do the internals/shell transplant.
I've read numerous sources saying the two screens are completely incompatible. So you have to switch mobos when you switch screens - complete package deal.

KirbyKong79
Steam ID:5hinngetta13

Post by KirbyKong79 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:13 pm

Is there a tutorial around here on how to do this? I just picked up an NES SP and want to replace the mobo/lcd with the one from an AGS-101. Many thanks.