Nomad modding

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

acfrazier
Nomad modding

Post by acfrazier » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:08 am

Well I bought some new li-on cells to mod the nomad battery pack, bought a screen too, but I can't figure out how to open the darned battery pack. Anyone know how to open the rechargable sega power back?

masterclas

Re: Nomad modding

Post by masterclas » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:10 am

I dont know what the battery pack looks like. Does it have screw? im guessing not.
Cant you use a saw or something down one side very carefully and then prise it open with a flathead. Be very careful.
Police Woman: Ok then sir, how fast do you think you were going at the speed of the crash.

Guy with crashed car: OVER 9000!!

Police Woman: Errrrrrr Ok.

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:50 pm

There's a how-to thread about it here that Hailrazer did.

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=34998" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
First thing you need to do is open it up. You can use a credit card. Just slide it in between the two halves and they will pop apart.

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:33 pm

The battery pack "pops" open at the sides. Just put pressure with a flat head screwdriveron the sides where the two halves meet, Then when it pops open run the screwdriver along the groove all around. Pops right apart.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance