GameBoy Advance SP MOD

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

palmertech
Re: GameBoy Advance SP MOD

Post by palmertech » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Nope, I just traced mine according to a GBA SP headphone adapter I got from ShockSlayer, and my Power GameBoy was sold a long time ago. :(

Two of them are charging + and -, so not too hard to figure out.

Excellent

chainfire95

Post by chainfire95 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:14 pm

So I salvaged this little guy from an old palm pilot, and I was wondering if I could incorporate it into my gameboy, or find any use for it at all? Its a little clickable scroll wheel. It has another component also, maybe an IR input? I don't really know. Could I wire it to the volume control on my GBA SP?
Last edited by chainfire95 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A truly wise man can entertain a thought without accepting it. A fool cannot withhold past judgments but instead closes his mine to new possibilities. Someone who wants to innovate simply needs to forget what everyone says isn't possible.

chainfire95

Post by chainfire95 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:13 pm

anyone?
A truly wise man can entertain a thought without accepting it. A fool cannot withhold past judgments but instead closes his mine to new possibilities. Someone who wants to innovate simply needs to forget what everyone says isn't possible.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:25 pm

No.

Excellent

chainfire95

Post by chainfire95 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:32 pm

k

chainfire95

Post by chainfire95 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:33 pm

Ill add it to the TGIMBOEJ =)

chainfire95

Post by chainfire95 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:46 pm

What color scheme should I use when I paint this? Or should I leave it the original color?

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:41 pm

Silver and White.

Or, blue and gold.

Excellent

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:35 pm

Oh, thats right, I sent it to you! :lol:

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chainfire95

Post by chainfire95 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:59 pm

what?

chainfire95

Post by chainfire95 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:40 pm

Here are some pics from a few days ago. I forgot to upload them.

(in these pictures)

(I have wired the original headphone jack to the SP Mobo)

(I set up the tact switches. Leads in the back have not been soldered to the SP Mobo)

Updates not pictured: I made a custom switch for the brightness control and finished clearing out the inside of the Gameboy case as well as mounting the L and R buttons. I'm also having a custom screen protector made from my local sign shop.

More updates soon with pictures.

gumbyx84

Post by gumbyx84 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:29 pm

This is starting to look great. I can't wait to see the finished product. I hope you are going to give the DMG a fresh coat of paint (just to make it look brand new) along with that custom screen protector.

Wanted to ask though, where did you put the brightness switch? I was thinking you could put it where the contrast control used to be.

chainfire95

Post by chainfire95 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:59 pm

its not a brightness control as much as its a front light on and off switch lol . Its at the external power port.

Image (number 2) =P

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:18 pm

Heh, that is what I did, too. :mrgreen: Have you thought about cutting off the button board of the DMG and wiring to that instead of tacts? It will be the same size, but feel just like a real DMG.

Excellent

chainfire95

Post by chainfire95 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:33 pm

Not really. I never really liked the squishy DMG buttons.