Dsi Shoulder Buttons: Assistance Needed

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

chikenman31
Dsi Shoulder Buttons: Assistance Needed

Post by chikenman31 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Hola Forums,

If anybody out there has a broken dsi, or a working one they just don't care about, would they please trace the shoulder buttons to the pinouts on the main mother board of the DSI? My shoulder buttons broke a while back and i thought to myself, " DEAR GOD WHY!!!!!" so instead of sending it in to repair, i decided, for the sake of overcompensation and comedic undertone use bulky, probably-never-going-to-break SPST Push On-Push Off Switches.

Ya see, i kinda destroyed the traces in three spots trying to solder and desolder things (I.E. the shoulder buttons) on the ribbon cable. I being a dumbass, didn't think the whole process through very well, and am now at the mercy of the forums!

So please, if someone out there is willing to break open a dsi and trace the shoulder buttons for me and rest of the struggling infedels who were to idiotic to figure this sooner, i beseech thee ("ask") out of the goodness (lol) in your heart.

sincerely,
a dumbass

chikenman31

Re: Dsi Shoulder Buttons: Assistance Needed

Post by chikenman31 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:14 pm

ok, let me rephrase the question.

Can someone please find where the signal line to the shoulder buttons originate?