hacking a psone screen for a dvd player monitor?

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

iteotwawkin
hacking a psone screen for a dvd player monitor?

Post by iteotwawkin » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:42 pm

i am trying to use my psone screen as a monitor for my dvd player.... i have seen others on the internet do this, and it looks crazy to do. i am using the psone screen and the original adaptor, also using the a/v plug from a ps2 to hook into my dvd player.

now the dilemma..... i get audio but no video. i have heard that you need to make a bridge on the pinouts? but i am not sure if this would fix my problem.

anyone with any suggestions or if you have successfully achieved this, please let me know!!!!

thanks brian

p.s. i am still new to the forums so please excuse me if i break a rule, and just let me know what to do, or who could help me.

tom61

Re: hacking a psone screen for a dvd player monitor?

Post by tom61 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Does the volume bar come up when press the volume buttons? You don't need the bridge if so. The main problem looks to be that you're attempting to put composite in through the PSOne connector, and it only uses RGB from that port. To run composite through it, you need to tap into the A/V in 1/8" port.

iteotwawkin

Post by iteotwawkin » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:28 am

yes the volume works fine as well as the brightness display and everything...just no video. so it seems like i am trying to run composite where it will only run rgb? can you explain to me how i would go about tapping into the composite a/v in the 1/8" port? sorry i am still new to this especially since i just had bought the psone screen at a yard sale not knowing if it worked... but i figured 5 bucks for the screen and the psone was too good of a deal to pass up!!!! thanks again for the quick reply and any more help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

tom61

Post by tom61 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:59 pm

The quick way is to get a 1/8" to Stereo RCA adapter or a Sony A/V cable for camcorders if you need stereo sound. For the Stereo cable (has two plugs, one red, one white), one plug (I forget which one) will work as video, and the other as sound for one speaker. For the Sony A/V cable, just match up the three colors with an A/V cable.

The first two images of this post deal with internally modding to add composite in directly from the console: http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2278" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

iteotwawkin

Post by iteotwawkin » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:15 am

thank you so much for the quick reply and all the help i will definitely try that here in my next few days off!!!! i am sooooooo hoping this works for me! if it does you are my hero!!!!!