5V battery solution?

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Tralius
360 GamerTag:Tralius7
5V battery solution?

Post by Tralius » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:42 pm

Hey,
Found this on EBay http://cgi.ebay.com.au/12V-3600mAH-USB- ... 2a08e9f5fb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , it takes AC 110V-250V with 12v DC in/out of 3600mAH and has a 5V output of 5600mAH.
You could either wire this to an additional 12v battery to give you the main supply of current draw and wire the AC to a power pack/charger or what have you. You could also wire another 12v battery and charger to this unit and wire from the usb to wherever and not use the AC of this unit at all. Bonus charge LEDs to wire where you want in your box. Only downside is the low mAH on the 12v side but an extra battery would fix that. Very usefull in an XBox360 laptop Id'e say, not sure what other consoles use. Let me know what you think :)

timmeh87

Re: 5V battery solution?

Post by timmeh87 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:15 am

Yeah, good call on using one of these for portabilizing... I ordered a solar-powered, 1300mAh one from dealextreme for liek $12 the other day, just for charging my MP3 player when Im in my car. It hasnt come yet.

It sure would make it easy to make portables though.

Also that last guy is a spambot.

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"