Android game controler via bluetooth

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

Dragonheart364
Android game controler via bluetooth

Post by Dragonheart364 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:34 am

Modify a PS3 six axis controller fit an android phone to give it the feel of the PSP. The use of a 3D printer to make the housing for this project would make it possible to fit different models of phones. The interface for this hack can be the SixAxis Controller app readily available on the Android Marketplace. I feel one of the biggest setbacks to gaming on android, and mobile phones in general, is the lack of a good control scheme. While the SonyEricson PSP phone address the control aspect, the phone's specs make it a mid to low end device as far as performance, and if I'm going to lock myself into a contract it certainly won't be with an underpowered device, especially as the network it is available on now caps data. Besides why buy a new device when many people already have perfectly functioning phones?

Kumimono
PSN Username:Kumimono
360 GamerTag:Kumimono
Steam ID:Jarska333

Re: Android game controler via bluetooth

Post by Kumimono » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:44 am

There's a readymade solution from the OpenPandora people, or atleast one of them. Can't find it right now, though.

wallydawg

Re: Re: Android game controler via bluetooth

Post by wallydawg » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:55 pm

Kumimono wrote:There's a readymade solution from the OpenPandora people, or atleast one of them. Can't find it right now, though.
I think you are taking about the icontrol pad:

http://www.icontrolpad.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not a bad device, cosmetically not the best looking setup but with different styles and sizes of all the phones out there it was really the only solution. You could always mod it and make a streamlined case specifically for device though.

Thinkgeek has these on sale for $60

http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/cell-phone/eb2b/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Other than that you can use that wiimote program that I can't think of the name of and will edit in when I can get to my tablet. That works good enough and is essentially free, if you already have a Wii.

Tapatalk mobile post wooooooo