N64 classic controller

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

saucemmann
N64 classic controller

Post by saucemmann » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:25 am

Hi, I want to use an actual n64 controller as my classic controller (not connect it through the gamecube port which i know is possible with certain adapters). I would like it so that the wii controller can connect right into the n64 controller and stay connected firmly. Thus making the n64 classic controller wireless. With the added benefit of the wiimote able to provide rumble right through the n64 controller when using the wii64 emulator (I softmodded my wii). Here is essentially the idea:

Edit I see that I mapped the wrong sticks, right classic controller stick should be mapped the c buttons, left to the joystick. Should be obvious, don't know how i made that mistake while photoshoping.

The only thing I'm uncertain about being possible is the right stick on the classic controller being mapped to 4 buttons. Is that possible? If not, I suppose one could put a c-stick or even the classic controller's right stick in there in place.

If someone is willing to take on this project, I have an n64 controller and classic controller I can provide, plus I'd be willing to negotiate an appropriate price for such a project to be completed it shouldn't be too hard I would think.

Bush

Re: N64 classic controller

Post by Bush » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:02 pm

Id be happy to do this for you.

saucemmann

Post by saucemmann » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:11 pm

awesome! I'll send you a pm

josepher

Post by josepher » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:31 pm

sorry to barge in, but i'm curious as to know what became of this. any progress?

bootsector

Post by bootsector » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:42 am

This opensource/open-hardware project is about to get N64 and GC controller support:

https://gitorious.org/wii-retropad-adap ... 2f72925f16" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It already supports NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Atari, Sega Master System and PS2 pads.

http://www.brunofreitas.com/?q=node/35" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bootsector