wireless usb n64 controller with built in emulator

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

russianaturi
wireless usb n64 controller with built in emulator

Post by russianaturi » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:44 am

Hello everyone,
As stated in the subject, I have an idea for a project that I'm not sure how to advance with. I have been able to make a wired USB n64 controller with a built in emulator however i have been debating with how to make it wireless. my only thoughts right now are to have the N64 controller convert to game cube and then use a wave bird type setup and then on the other end of the signal, convert to USB.

I know this isn't the most direct way and therefore was hoping I could get some professional opinions on how to accomplish this feat.

As an FYI, the current N64 to USB I have is from:
http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/gc_ ... dex_en.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I appreciate any help you can give and thanks in advance.

Reaper P7
PSN Username:Haha... Yea Right
360 GamerTag:Subscription? Nah.
Steam ID:Refer to email to add me.

Re: wireless usb n64 controller with built in emulator

Post by Reaper P7 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:51 am

I dont have the most constructive idea, because I have no experience to back it up as of yet, but an arduino might help. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

harvey263

Re: wireless usb n64 controller with built in emulator

Post by harvey263 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:56 am

Not a professional opinion, but it sounds like your wavebird idea should work. Convert N64 wire to GC transmitter - convert GC receiver to USB. If you could somehow use the guts from an existing wireless USB controller that might work too.
My question though is: what's going on with the built in emulator? Is it just a flash drive that has software and roms stored on it?