Handy Gear - lovablechevy's ultimate Game Gear - finished!

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

lovablechevy
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Re: Handy Gear - lovablechevy's ultimate Game Gear - finished!

Post by lovablechevy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:08 pm

grey wrote:Holy fast reply batman.

Lovablechevy, I noticed in the image you removed the standard parts to remove for the LED mod, and in addition the potentiometer and it appear the sound cable on the right side (I think that goes to the sound board at least). So if I just did the led mod, do you think it would be able to work on the 7.4v, leaving the sound, lcd hooked up?
I ultimately want to do something like the handy gear, but leave everything inside the original case. The video out mod appears to be the really difficult part, however, I will tackle that later. My idea is to get the GG to power at 7.4v first, then see about getting small batteries which can fit in the existing battery area.

Thanks,

Grey
i honestly have no idea. i didnt try before getting rid of the screen and audio board. you can try it and see. too low of voltage wont ruin it. if its not enough, it just wont power on. or it'll just not power on well.
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

current project - code name: blue mushroom!