airz makes a snesp.

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

airz
Portablizer
airz makes a snesp.

Post by airz » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:51 pm

finally finished, started last december, finished today. nothing ground breaking, i was just trying to create a nice clean smooth looking system.

- zenith 5" LCD (led modded)
- snes mini mobo (100% compatibility)
- 5000mah li-po battery
- power/low battery leds
- charge port

Last edited by airz on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image

argelfraster

Re: airz makes a snesp.

Post by argelfraster » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:09 pm

Wow this portable is amazing!
I love the case work and paint job, you have real talent.

lovablechevy
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by lovablechevy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:31 am

i know i commented over there, but i really just want to say again how good of a job you did! :) looks very professional.

just a few questions tho. with the controls laid out that high, did you have to cut the top 2 screw posts out? i noticed you have your l & r buttons where the screws should go. if that is the case, did you just have to glue your case together, or do you have some other super sneaky way of doing it?

and, what did you use for your cart slot cover? it looks nice and sturdy!

also, why did you decided to leave out the brightness buttons? do you just not normally use them? and why didn't you center the volume buttons?

one last question (sorry i have so many! i just like to learn how people make their stuffs!): did you use the original speakers that came with the screen? the holes look more like you swapped in hip gear screen speakers, since they are much smaller.

again, cheers to your awesome looking portable! :D now, go play some games! ;)
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

current project - code name: blue mushroom!

airz
Portablizer

Post by airz » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:39 am

just a few questions tho. with the controls laid out that high, did you have to cut the top 2 screw posts out? i noticed you have your l & r buttons where the screws should go. if that is the case, did you just have to glue your case together, or do you have some other super sneaky way of doing it?
yea i cut out the top screw posts. the bottoms ones hold the system together more then enough. its very solid.
and, what did you use for your cart slot cover? it looks nice and sturdy!
the cart slot cover is a case from OKW i think it was a G style...
also, why did you decided to leave out the brightness buttons? do you just not normally use them? and why didn't you center the volume buttons?
LED modded the screen so the brightness didnt work anyways. left them due to space concerns...
one last question (sorry i have so many! i just like to learn how people make their stuffs!): did you use the original speakers that came with the screen? the holes look more like you swapped in hip gear screen speakers, since they are much smaller.
no i used the original speakers, just didnt drill out huge grills for them..
Image Image Image

lovablechevy

Post by lovablechevy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:43 am

cool!

but the brightness does still work after doing an led mod. it's done according to contrast, not according to how much light the light source puts out. :)
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:51 pm

Very slick! Love the Nintendo decal and the way the cart slot makes the system look like it is hovering when laid on a flat surface.

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:06 pm

airz wrote: i was just trying to create a nice clean smooth looking system.
congrats, you succeeded quite well

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:58 am

I gotta hand it to you - this and Chevy's HandyDuo trump every ZN portable yet made. Awesome case work! It's so smooth and pretty and I want to hold it... :P
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

lovablechevy

Post by lovablechevy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:04 am

Life of Brian wrote:I gotta hand it to you - this and Chevy's HandyDuo trump every ZN portable yet made. Awesome case work! It's so smooth and pretty and I want to hold it... :P
oh whatever, LoB. you made awesome zn-40 case portables. :P and so did g-force! i like to think that airz and i have simply joined the awesome list with you guys. :)

techknott

Post by techknott » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:19 am

:shock: So neat and tidy...great stuff

Donalbain619

Post by Donalbain619 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:28 pm

Life of Brian wrote:I gotta hand it to you - this and Chevy's HandyDuo trump every ZN portable yet made. Awesome case work! It's so smooth and pretty and I want to hold it... :P
LOB, how humble! airz you did a great job on this. Looks very clean and simple at the same time. Congrats!
I have nothing clever to say here. Sorry.

airz
Portablizer

Post by airz » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:32 pm

NOW FOR SALE !!!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0435637203" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0435637203" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image Image Image