Hailrazer's Gamecube Portable - The NCube

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

User
Re: Hailrazer's Gamecube Portable - The NCube

Post by User » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:42 pm

geez, I wasn't trying to criticize, I was trying to point out something that may cause some issues so that you could be aware and possibly fix it if needed. But apparently you have some way to make it work, so it's not a problem.

kasar

Post by kasar » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:00 am

amazing GCp hailrazer. :shock:

nice work :wink:

Nintendott

Post by Nintendott » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:10 pm

kasar wrote:amazing GCp hailrazer. :shock:

nice work :wink:
Didn't see it before new.
Game Cube Rules!

techknott
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by techknott » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:28 am

Had to have a little comment on this, as always, excellent work from hailrazer. I love it.

kapps11

Post by kapps11 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:32 pm

This is amazing. I saw this on engadget.com last month and have been too busy to track this down. Do you build these for sale? If so, how would I go about ordering one. I have a great gamecube collection but I hardly play at home because I play so much 360 and ps3. This would be perfect for traveling and when I'm out of town for extended periods. Thank you.

SuperDud

Post by SuperDud » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:03 pm

I was wondering if you would be able to spare some instructions on how to make a portable Gamecube. Or at least tell me what parts I will need.

P.S. Where the heck can you get a Kids Delight Datamax?

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:14 pm

SuperDud wrote:I was wondering if you would be able to spare some instructions on how to make a portable Gamecube. Or at least tell me what parts I will need.
You are asking this in a thread on a forum entirely dedicated to building portable video game systems. You really cannot find the information you need to at least get you started? Stick around a while and read a bit, my friend.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

thewise1

Post by thewise1 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:29 pm

People see this on the internet somewhere, ask for a manual, and expect they can do it on they're own. Then they come back to talk and they are assimilated. :twisted:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Post by bassmasta » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:38 pm

zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

SuperDud

Post by SuperDud » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:13 pm

Life of Brian wrote:
SuperDud wrote:I was wondering if you would be able to spare some instructions on how to make a portable Gamecube. Or at least tell me what parts I will need.
You are asking this in a thread on a forum entirely dedicated to building portable video game systems. You really cannot find the information you need to at least get you started? Stick around a while and read a bit, my friend.
Actually, I've already started and I'm using a portable DVD case. I live in Canada, so getting a Datamax is a little hard. Anything besides a DVD case ould be preferable.
Every 1337 was a n00b once

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:48 pm

SuperDud wrote:
Life of Brian wrote:
Actually, I've already started and I'm using a portable DVD case. I live in Canada, so getting a Datamax is a little hard. Anything besides a DVD case ould be preferable.
Start a new thread and please don't clutter up this thread.

Thank you.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

TheWaddleWaddle
PSN Username:TheWaddleWaddle

Post by TheWaddleWaddle » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:10 pm

Sorry about the bump, but I was wondering if your fingers ever slide off of the trigger buttons. It seems that there isn't really a way of using the trigger buttons without your fingers sliding straight off. Just want to make sure, because I might use this method for my triggers.

morgrif

Post by morgrif » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:35 pm

As the previous guy did, I also apollogise for bumping an old thread.
I recently leaner some stuff about electronics in university and I've been a gamer since I was like 5 or 6. So I felt a total urge/need to start my portable mod project with the knowledge I now have.

One of my doubts right now is about the disc holder. I noticed you used allmost the holder as it was in the console with those bolts on the spots where the anti-bump shock absorber gums were. Wondering if you used any shock absorbing method or if you recon that as it has the disc lock system is enough to keep the game from having breaks.

Also, youre final produt is actually preety slim, any info about heating and what solutions did you use (removed regular bulky heat sink yes or no, added some new thing, some cooler fans maybe, etc etc)

I think that's all. Give me an answer when you can, and thanks

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:46 pm

Yes the disc lock system is enough. I left the shock absorbing rubber in the holes though.

Also the gamecube heatsink can be removed and smaller ones put on.

And have you looked at totally removing the disc drive?

Info here:
http://www.made-by-bacteria.com/viewtop ... f=41&t=187" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

morgrif

Post by morgrif » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:20 am

Hey there.
Thanks for the answer.

Well ye.
I've seen those options at avoiding to put the original DD back in.
Even tough the SD one is quite tempting as it would reduce size by lots that goes quite the opposite way as I'm planning. My main idea is recicling preety much anything the console and the have, back into the portable. Even some chunks of plastic will be took in. Even tough size does matter it's not what I'm worried about right now as this is actually my first mod.