ADDED VIDEO! PS3 Batarang/boomerang controller mod

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:33 am

I'm not doubting you but I do want to see internals...

Thats because I actually want to see them though lol.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:43 am

HotDog-Cart wrote:You cannot make fun of my emo hair.
You said it, not us. ;)

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:09 am

HotDog-Cart wrote:You cannot make fun of my emo hair.
Isn't it a bit long to be considered emo hair haha.

I have an emo fringe.. I guess :P

FadedDelta

Post by FadedDelta » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:45 am

where is the six-axis support being shown? long video of him just playing with a controller and talking... a lot... and then beatboxing... the bondo job on the buttons at the bottom still hasnt been fixed? why not since you "pieced together" the whole controller from 3 pieces...

six axis support, that i dont see, i do see a usb 3rd party playstation controller being used... as a playstation controller, nothing more.

also the six-axis controller has analog triggers... which are pressure sensitive.... so how would that "mod" you made, which contains button triggers work in aspect to the driving games? as you see the analog triggers are more dynamic than just buttons alone.... and that is a key aspect of the six-axis controller... analog triggers (like the 360 controller) unlike the controller in your video. and you cant substitute those analog triggers with button triggers and still get the same affect. Racing games benefit a lot from easily adjusted braking and accelerating with analog triggers.
Like i said... I'm a pimp and pimps dont commit suicide.

Dan Hibiki

Post by Dan Hibiki » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:43 am

Just load up Lair or Warhawk, aren't those both six axis controlled games?

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:16 pm

First: I didnt show six axis, because I actually didnt even remember to when quick capturing the video on youtube. I told rekarp this.

The bondo job hasnt been fixed, because I'm leaving it like that. See my sig? 100% done. Bing, bang boom. 100%. Therefor, I'm leaving it like that. If you did read my first post it says that the project is done. Therefor NO other work will be done on this, unless it breaks down. My triggers are buttons. Not analog. I made it like this because..well.. I dont know. I just decided to do it like that. I dont play much racing. Why make a feature for a racing game, if I dont have a racing game? Before you ask, I wont disclose how I took an analog trigger and substituted it with a button. Someone on the forums should know. (Other than GTA4 which I play once in a blue moon.)

You need to get your eyes checked. You dont see a third party controller.
You see my batarang controller. Looks like its time to get some glasses!

Sorry, to say that I dont have lair or warhawk.

Is your soul purpose of living, to try to prove me wrong? Its not working bud.

If you dont like my product, I dont care.
If you want to harrass me, I'll report you. Your petty words dont get through my hotdog-cart stand.

FadedDelta

Post by FadedDelta » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:33 pm

highly unlikely, if all you did was tear apart the "supposed six axis" and put it in the tiltsense that you "body modified" why did you leave this information out in your first post... oh you didn't think we'd catch it?....

oh and the analog triggers would affect gameplay on GTA4 as well... pressure sensitive aiming... press lightly for free aim and hold down for auto aim..

either way i'm calling your bluff on the triggers as well... and don't take it so personally... if anyone else claimed to have done what obviously looks like you didn't do, and couldn't provide actual evidence such as pictures (which isn't hard to do, especially since no one probly would even consider mutilating an expensive controller to put in a cheap and fugly shell) i'd comment on them as well and call their bluff. you see it irritates me when people try to convince others that they have done something that they didn't, its called deceiving, and it's very disrespectful. it shows that you have no respect for the viewers as you take them as unintelligent people.

and yes its 3rd party... you are a party other than Sony. Not relevant to the mainstream industry and not owned by a first party. On top of that you use a stock 3rd party controller case that you didn't make, but only bondoed 2 little holes.

off topic- i was wondering why Hotdog-Cart was banned from this site before?

underclocked

Post by underclocked » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:31 pm

FadedDelta wrote:
off topic- i was wondering why Hotdog-Cart was banned from this site before?
He was a heavy spammer a couple years ago. But sometime last year(?) he was unbanned as long as he didn't spam anymore. AFAIK

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:32 pm

Hey bud. It wouldnt really be 3rd party. As Im still using official internals. I wouldnt call that 3rd party.

Also, I know the trigger situation effects GTA4. Thus why I was driving slow in the video. I also dont put a lot of information in my first post, as I thought nobody would really ask and try to get into my private bubble like you do.

I was banned before for being a monger. I was spammy and talking with 1337 speak. Mind you that was about 3-4 years ago. I remember doing that in late grade 8/early grade 9. Im now in grade 12.

Also, I don't think anyone on this forum is unintelligent. Heck, I'm freinds with most users on the forums. Also, your acting like my product is a fake, when its actually not. I didnt decieve anyone. As guess what? This project is real. Its not against forum rules to not want to disclose any info about a product. Its called privacy. Heck, I dont think its respectful that your harrassing me, and calling my stuff a fake even when a ADMIN has told you to STOP. But I guess you didnt read his post, did you?

Now, time to ignore you and play LittleBigPlanet Japanese Beta. Mmmmm Ramen goodness.

FadedDelta

Post by FadedDelta » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:36 am

HotDog-Cart wrote:Now, time to ignore you and play LittleBigPlanet Japanese Beta. Mmmmm Ramen goodness.
i thought that was a European developed game....

still wouldn't be a 1st party, and if it makes you happy it really wouldn't be considered 3rd party either... its as if Sony had sex with a cheap hooker and that controller was their illegitimate love child, whom they both abandoned in a local dumpster.

anyways if it makes you feel good you have fun with that controller kid...

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:26 pm

It is not 1st party, sorry. Remember the Treamcast? Just because part of it is official does not mean the final product is. By your logic, I could put one of those official apple stickers I got with my ipod on my homemade AA charger, and call it first party.

Second... How did you hook up buttons to the 6 pin digital potentiometer? You never even mentioned this initially, but TBH, this would be the biggest accomplishment of the whole mod, considering NO ONE has done it. And it would not be a simple wiring job, you would need to build a custom decoder chip, at which point you may as well just make a new controller mobo. You say people are invading your "Privacy"; Asking for pictures of something for which NO real proof exists is just being realistic.

Don't act like we are offending you when you will not provide any evidence. If I wanted to make this, I cold buy that controller, bondo those two holes (And do a good job), make a video, and call it a day. At that point, I would have the same results you do. Just post a pic of it using sixaxis control! Surely you have a game that uses it, or at least can borrow one.

At this point, I am not really convinced, sorry. You can say you do not care, but I don't think you can truthfully say that my opinion is unjustified.

Excellent

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:25 pm

*falls over laughing, from the sheer ownage factor*

I'm so happy to see it done!

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Basement_Modder
Portablizer

Post by Basement_Modder » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:54 pm

Sweet, sweeet, sweeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Now just make it silver and it'll be:

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

rosevelt
PSN Username:EmmerichPliskin
360 GamerTag:Sams ThreeSixty
Steam ID:rockstarleopard

Re: ADDED VIDEO! PS3 Batarang/boomerang controller mod

Post by rosevelt » Tue May 29, 2012 6:14 am

Sorry to bump a 3 & 1/2 year old post but I stumbled across this topic while searching for a working Boomerang PS3 controller this morning.
I have read the whole topic and been following the activity of this build and I have to agree that is literally just this controller
http://www.uxcell.com/horn-controller-f ... -9444.html
with the Turbo & Clear buttons covered.

Not once were the internals of this controller shown, and in the YouTube video he conveniently forgets to use SixAxis.
Did anything more come of this? I'd like to see it now, he must have a decent camera now, nearly every phone has one built in nowadays.

palmertech

Re: ADDED VIDEO! PS3 Batarang/boomerang controller mod

Post by palmertech » Tue May 29, 2012 8:39 pm

He certainly could take pictures, but I don't think you will get that (Or a public admission of lying) from him.

He is not active on Benheck these days, I believe he is getting ready to move to China to work as an English tutor.

Excellent