ADDED VIDEO! PS3 Batarang/boomerang controller mod

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

FadedDelta

Post by FadedDelta » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:07 pm

If I was to actually open this, you'd see all the bondo spots, as I only repainted the outside. Also, that controller is for PS2. Its not PS3, like mine. Nor does it have six axis, like mine.
The original one is silver, but mines a recreation, and the company who did the vacuum form for me advised me NOT to spray paint it silver. So they made it black for me.
you contradict yourself.... i thought you said you cut it into smaller pieces bondoed it back together for increased size and then "sent it to a company" to get it vaccum formed..... hogwash... if so it would be clean outside in, why would they leave a hackjob bondojob inside? And if i'm not mistaken even if you did send your case to a company to spray... they would do inside and out.... so something is a miss... and i see you say nothing about my scale comment..... hmm... i'm sorry but so many contradictions and reasons "excuses" to why you don't post a vid or decent pics proving some type of actual work, beyond the "finished product" which looks exactly like just an internal swap with very light case modification (only the buttons below select and start)... besides theres no way only you can be the owner of a boomerang.... thats like saying "i'm the only one with a N64 portable" really sir, get over yourself...

i bet i could duplicate "everything" you did...
Last edited by FadedDelta on Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like i said... I'm a pimp and pimps dont commit suicide.

collinE

Post by collinE » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:06 am

HotDog-Cart, I do believe you did this, but he makes a good argument.

Dan Hibiki

Post by Dan Hibiki » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:58 pm

That looks exactly like this, with the start and select painted out.

Which is purchasable here: http://www.ishopvideogame.com/ps3-horn- ... p-516.html

Not trying to say you did nothing, but did you take that shell and change the internals?

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:08 pm

TO the above post, did you even read the first post? I've said countless times, that I've put real six axis internals inside.

Also, I didn't contridict myself.
I think I've said either here or on kotaku or hackaday, that the original controller was too small. After I got it remade, it was right size for peoples hands. But after, I edited it AGAIN to make it more close to the real measurements of the real boomerang controller. Thus, I sort of undid the work that the company did for me, but it wasnt expensive. They made it to fit my hands. But I basically realized I wanted it to be more like the real one.

Do I really need to get this thread locked? I guess you guys cant stand someone like me actually finishing a product. I finish a product, and then I start getting noobs (Thats right. You have like 5 posts. Your a noob to me, dont like it? Go away.), like you who are doubting my work. Other users know how long I've worked on this.

I dont really care if you THINK you can duplicate my work, without my permission. Thats cool. I could easily get some sort of copy protection on it. If I really wanted to. But really, I dont want to. Go ahead. I'm still first. Also. I just noticed something.

Im featured on:

Kotaku, Hackaday, Benheck, PS3news, playstation.com forums, odeo.com, N4G, thewire.com, karashur.net, IGN, Twemes, wordpress.

Wow. :P

FadedDelta

Post by FadedDelta » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:48 pm

yeah your right you are featured/self posted on kotaku (and got bashed), playstation.com (also bashed), N4G (took post from kotaku=bashed) and some other sites.... good for you.

This is what you said on playstation.com:
In a nutshell, I split the controller into 3 peices, and then applied some mighty putty (putty bondo) and then increased the length and grip length of the controller. Then waited for it to dry. Then sanded it down, and painted the controller. And then I took a Six Axis Controller and split the board up into 2 peices, so it would fit in the controller. Soldered some wires on, due to splitting of the board. After that, I cemented in some screw holders for the board so it could be stabilized inside the case, rather than just float around inside
kinda different from here, huh? thought you said.. no wait this has gotta be the real story.. no wait.. hmm... so josh, whats the real story?

yet you cant patent your "creation" you see, due to the fact that its Sony hardware inside of that unmodded casing, so you saying "without my permission" doesn't apply, as theres nothing for you to permit. I thought you said you were experienced and knowledgable about modding, if so you should know you can't possibly patent something thats already patented.... especially by a big dawg like Sony... As for the forever changing story of what you did or didn't do... wow i have to admit you should try to stick to one story as it reflects negatively on your behalf to have multiple stories.

so now what your saying is that after you got the remade casing back from "whoever that remodeled it" it wasn't to your liking? so you went ahead and remade it again... to be in scale 15% more than the original? then that means the controller would be 15% bigger but the buttons and analog stick the standard size.... judging from the very little pictures you did take it looks completely stock like i previously said... your stories don't make sense.... its a shame...

i may be a post noob but atleast i know what the hell i'm talking about and believe me i can out mod you any time, on top of that, i'd post progress pics to back up my claims, unlike your failed portable threads... promising pics and never coming through... or requesting how much it'd cost to buy someones portable... i'll have you know most true modders are into it for the shear enjoyment, and the satisfaction of what they did, not in your case "fame" (right...) and money (your selling them excuse, for why you can't produce internal pictures).. it'd be best to admit you falsified some information rather than get PROVED that you are bs-ing a whole community... and believe me... you wouldn't want that, as that would disgrace your internet alias as well as destroy the little respect that you currently have.

i also agree, get this THREAD locked... the truth has been served... aka PIX OR STFU!
Like i said... I'm a pimp and pimps dont commit suicide.

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer

Post by HotDog-Cart » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:50 pm

You cant read that well can you? Thats not even a different story. On the playstation forums, I just didnt list everything I did/go indepth in the project, like I did here. Due to me trusting this community, more than the PS communit, and due to me making the project for these forums and not the PS forums. About the protection thing, I was saying it. I dont have time nor money to go and try to copyright it or something. You need to take a chill pill. Heck, I dont even read most of what you say. Because guess what? Your a prick. Sorry to say it. You joined these forums just to harrass me. Oh and, dont tell me you know what your talking about. Trust me kid. Right now, your all talk. Why not make a portable, or contribute to another thread with some good technology information, instead of harrassing me on this one?
I'm pretty sure, the community is going to believe me, over you. Heck, you cant even read correctly. Whats next? You dont have any arms? You cant shave? wha? Pokemon? D:

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:02 pm

@FadedDelta: Cool it. Like it or not, HD-C did put hard work towards this project. Not as hard as some, maybe even not as hard as most, but someone's gotta have a project in that range. Regardless of if you like it, you don't go ripping on someone's hard work. Constructive criticism, sure ("I would have done this and that to make it better") but not general ripping, accusing of being fake, or saying "that's all you did?"

Consider this your first official warning. If you're just going to be here to bash others' work, which you seem to be pretty well on track to be doing, you're not welcome here. No "but"s or any other arguments.
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

blackbox_dev

Post by blackbox_dev » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:11 pm

I like it. It looks nice and clean. I also like the black paint job. While silver would have fit the concept, it would have been hard to apply and look professional.

And don't worry. I believe that you did all the work you say you did. It's probably not even worth arguing with somebody with only 6 posts. Just don't diss Pokemon. :P Grrr.

-dev
I'd imagine right now you wish you were a cuttlefish...

Dan Hibiki

Post by Dan Hibiki » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:26 pm

HotDog-Cart wrote:TO the above post, did you even read the first post? I've said countless times, that I've put real six axis internals inside.
So theres no visual change from the shell I posted, only internal change, which you can't prove you've actually done. And you won't give us pictures of the insides, because your camera is broken. I think I've got the story so far.

Man, if people are that gullible here, I'm gonna take a picture of my VMU and saying I modded it to have 2 TB of space.

I'm not saying you didn't do anything, I'm not saying that at all. I was asking if that was the shell you were using, don't get all defensive. I'd love to see this thing in action when and if you get a working camera.

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer

Post by HotDog-Cart » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:20 am

If you read the other posts, I have to get defensive. I was just getting harrassed by some kid.

lovablechevy
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by lovablechevy » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:56 am

HotDog-Cart wrote:If you read the other posts, I have to get defensive. I was just getting harrassed by some kid.
maybe if you provided more pictures, which isn't all that hard, then you'd stop gettin harassed.

after all, he's made some very legit points here. the stock controller and your controller look exactly the same. yours does not look 15% - 20% larger in any way. so, how bout you just provide a few more shots? you know we all like pics here!

prove him wrong, you have the means to do so!
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

current project - code name: blue mushroom!

bacteria

Post by bacteria » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:14 am

Come on lovablechevy, don't add wood to the fire. HotDog-Cart is well established and respected here, if he says he has done it, that is good enough for me, and should be for everyone here too. I presume you mean well, but you are basically saying in your post that you also doubt him "yours does not look 15% - 20% larger", etc and are asking him to prove this not the case; that means you are joining in with the negative party on this thread unintentionally. I think he has been treated badly on this thread, frankly.

All this negativity only has the effect of making people leave the forum ultimately; I am sure HotDog-Cart is rather pissed of at the moment after all and has probably considered it. As soon as you get a wall of negativity and have to justify yourself, the fun goes out of what you have achieved.

@HotDog-Cart - you have done really well getting your project posted in so many places, and having so many people viewing it. Good for you, man. You don't have to justify your work to anyone and don't let the loud minority shout the loudest. I support you.

Valium

Post by Valium » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:28 pm

It could all have been avoided by simply taking a few more pictures, it's not like she's asking him to do the impossible.

Rekarp
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:35 pm

The Wood Master demands more pictures!!
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

collinE

Post by collinE » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:13 pm

LOL everybody is right! He really did mod it, it doesn't look much different, he shouldn't be getting harrassed for his work, and we demand more pictures! :)