Xbox 360 WVI (handheld) - Youtube Video Added

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

Valium

Post by Valium » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:32 pm

Freakin_Ninja wrote:That's really sweet!
Couple questions: From what I've looked at, I can't figure out whether the WVI receiver runs off it's own batteries or what?
And did you just use a regular wireless 360 controller or something else? Because the wireless 360 controller only has a 30ft range so do you just play within that range?
Yes, and yes.

techknott
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by techknott » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:30 pm

Everything runs from one set of batts. 7.4v, stepped up to 12v for the receiver, down to 3v for the controller and down to 7.5v for the screen.

SoccerSkater93

Post by SoccerSkater93 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:09 pm

Any particular batteries work best for you? Least room in case, etc?
"Legend--and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the second part of the word is--DAIRY!"

techknott

Post by techknott » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:03 am

You could use a Dynamo or Wind turbine if you dont mind the extra weight.

These are Li-Ions but im now using Polymers. Any batteries will work well. You just have to decide whether you like size or money more.

Freakin_Ninja

Post by Freakin_Ninja » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:28 am

As far as cases go, the ZN-40 is probably not wide enough.
Do you think this could all fit in a ZN-45? Seems like it.

IMD1

Post by IMD1 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:16 pm

My first post :D
I have been on the fence about some of these big types mods for a while. I have read soldering tutorials before but never felt to enticed to do most hardware related projects. I did a couple nes and xbox mods(mainly some led and case mods), and I saw the legendary laptop mod and I was stunned. I never even knew this site existed till today when I saw a link to this thread. This mod left me stunned and yet I think it's actually possible for someone with pretty low experience in this area to attempt.
:oops: ....Um this may come off sounding weird but thankyou techknott for the inspirational mod. I'm gonna read the threads on this site and hopefully I'll be able to order some parts and make my own portable mod before the end of the year :) .

BoomBox-Creations

Post by BoomBox-Creations » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:37 am

Nice, i gotta get myself one of these... ( or make one... )

just 1 question, its probably my screen making me think there isnt any leds lighting up the screen, but have you thought of that? from the pictures, you can barely see the screen its so dark....

you should think of lighting them up with some leds or something.....

but, still, im going to get/make one....

Jbbrack03

Post by Jbbrack03 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:38 am

techknott wrote:Everything runs from one set of batts. 7.4v, stepped up to 12v for the receiver, down to 3v for the controller and down to 7.5v for the screen.
Hey man, great job on your portable! Could you possibly explain this battery process? I think I might have found the battery on Ebay (was for a RC plane), but I'm not sure how you divided the voltage between the different elements. Also, how did you wire it for the charger and what charger did you use? I'm definitely going to give this a try!

techknott

Post by techknott » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:18 am

Jbbrack03-PM's replied to.
BoomBox-Creations wrote:just 1 question, its probably my screen making me think there isnt any leds lighting up the screen, but have you thought of that? from the pictures, you can barely see the screen its so dark....

There are LED's in there,if there weren't, you wouldn't see the screen at all. Its really difficult to take decent pics with my crappy camera so I had to turn the brightness down, plus the screen itself sucks ass, which is why its getting changed as we speak.

Good luck with yours too.

SonyPortableizer
Portablizer

Post by SonyPortableizer » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:54 pm

Awesome it looks better when in use(If thats possible)!

BoomBox-Creations

Post by BoomBox-Creations » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:10 am

BoomBox-Creations wrote:just 1 question, its probably my screen making me think there isnt any leds lighting up the screen, but have you thought of that? from the pictures, you can barely see the screen its so dark....

There are LED's in there,if there weren't, you wouldn't see the screen at all. Its really difficult to take decent pics with my crappy camera so I had to turn the brightness down, plus the screen itself sucks ass, which is why its getting changed as we speak.

Good luck with yours too.[/quote]

aah, how many mp's does ur camera have? maybe ur lens are dirty....

and thanks...

Basement_Modder
Portablizer

Post by Basement_Modder » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:17 pm

Microsoft should hire you!

(I'd buy one! :D )
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

bide666

Post by bide666 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:59 am

Excellent work! I have been planning on developing something similar to this. A quick question - what wireless av transceiver did you use? I know some ppl in this thread were [ranting]at the noobs[/ranting] but the ebay link posted is now invalid.

Stoweboarder
Portablizer

Post by Stoweboarder » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:18 am

that...is....awesomeeeeee!!!!

OMG, thats so sick

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:22 pm

And yet another person feels the need to revive and old thread just to say "cool".
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/