NOGO: NintendO on the GO | EDIT: Dead. Pg.3 for details

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:27 pm

Mario wrote:Okay, I found out that there was a power short somewhere, so the protection circuit kept shutting off the power. I narrowed it down to the PS1 screen; it is what has the short. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out where it is. I desoldered all my connections, removed the two fuses, took a close look at ALL the components, and nothing is giving me a clue. Can anybody shed some light on this situation? I really don't want to have to buy a new screen. :(
"Removed" the two fuses? Last time I checked, you were supposed to bridge them.

Oh, and I discovered a new way to input voltage to the screen without touching that stupid tiny fuse. I traced where the 7.2v line goes, and it leads straight to the fuse. But I hate the fuse, so I kept going. Turns out, it leads to a SMT Cap. You can input 7.2v into one of the contacts there(don't remember which, no psone screen right now), bypassing the fuse completely, and allowing yourself a bigger contact to solder to. I discoverd this when I had already attached my screen in on #5 and could not get to the fuse, so I got one of my new boards and multimeter'd it.

Hope this helps!

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mario

Post by Mario » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:41 pm

ShockSlayer wrote:
Mario wrote:Okay, I found out that there was a power short somewhere, so the protection circuit kept shutting off the power. I narrowed it down to the PS1 screen; it is what has the short. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out where it is. I desoldered all my connections, removed the two fuses, took a close look at ALL the components, and nothing is giving me a clue. Can anybody shed some light on this situation? I really don't want to have to buy a new screen. :(
"Removed" the two fuses? Last time I checked, you were supposed to bridge them.

Oh, and I discovered a new way to input voltage to the screen without touching that stupid tiny fuse. I traced where the 7.2v line goes, and it leads straight to the fuse. But I hate the fuse, so I kept going. Turns out, it leads to a SMT Cap. You can input 7.2v into one of the contacts there(don't remember which, no psone screen right now), bypassing the fuse completely, and allowing yourself a bigger contact to solder to. I discoverd this when I had already attached my screen in on #5 and could not get to the fuse, so I got one of my new boards and multimeter'd it.

Hope this helps!

SS
Well, yes, you are supposed to jump the two fuses, but I removed them to make sure there were no shorts.

That may help, I'm not sure if it will, but it is still good for reference. Thank you.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:25 am

No problem, just tell me if it works!

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Basement_Modder
Portablizer

Post by Basement_Modder » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:50 pm

I like it.

Sorry to hear it died. :(
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

Mario

Post by Mario » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:19 pm

Actually, it's back to life. :wink: I just forgot to update this thread. I bought a new screen for it and installed it. Look for a video soon on my Instructable!

DSFARGEG

Post by DSFARGEG » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:34 pm

Mario wrote:Look for a video soon on my Instructable!
I thought this looked familiar, your instructable is the reason that I came back to this site. It's inspired me to start work on my SNESp.

Great job by the way, on the instructable and the NOGO.

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:22 pm

DSFARGEG wrote:
I thought this looked familiar, your instructable is the reason that I came back to this site. It's inspired me to start work on my SNESp.

lol, you joined yesterday :lol:
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

DSFARGEG

Post by DSFARGEG » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:36 am

eurddrue wrote:
DSFARGEG wrote:

lol, you joined yesterday :lol:
I know, but I've been a long time lurker.