ZX Spectrum Nes project

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

misjah
ZX Spectrum Nes project

Post by misjah » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:20 am

I don`t know if somebody made this one, but it`s not so bad Idea. I have two spectrums in my computer junk, one is working and the other one has broken keyboard flat connector which cannot be repaired (that was the common problem those days), so I decided to reanimate the dead one and put Nes-famicom inside it. The one I used is well known Chinese nes on a chip but with a bigger board - also known as ``Terminator``.

Here`s what`s inside the spectrum....

I didn`t modify case at all, the cartridge slot fits perfectly where spectrum interface used to be, audio and video out fits too....

And for the joypads I made external interface using famicom cartridge housing. It`s also possible to use two kind of joypads, the ones with 15 pin and a 9 pin connectors. Power and reset button are also placed here including the indicator led....For power supply I`m using nokia phone charger since it`s very small and provides enough current and a stable voltage....

There`s nothing without the fancy blue led....

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:04 pm

nice case mod. You sould put in a famicom keyboard an make it work with the ZX keys.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

colosalblack

Post by colosalblack » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:34 pm

Awesome! :D