Just a little something I made...(56k)

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:57 pm

palmertech wrote:The necklace one is much flatter, keep that in mind as you work. I suggest making a boxy shaped one, then spending 4-8 hours filing the excess with a nail file. The hours will fly by like nothing! :lol:

Another thing to keep in mind: You say that your dad did not check the lock. This may cause problems later. From personal experience: What happens when he goes to unlock the computer? Most likely, he will end up discovering that is was never locked at all. Or, even worse, he catches you! While you still have net access: Burn ophcrack, it will help in case of emergency locking. Second, burn a linux live cd. This way, you can lock down the computer for real (With the added bonus of making him look old and forgetful when the time comes to unlock the computer, but the password has changed), and use the live cd for all computer use, bypassing windows completely. You can also use a different copy of firefox through linux to keep your web history from showing up in windows.

Another thing: I assume you know how to get into safe mode? Usually you have to press F8 at startup. Try it out. On XP home, and vista basic and premium, this brings up an emergency "Administrator" account. Using this, you can make a new account, or just use the admin one. Normally, it has no password, but you can add one. I suggest you do it now, before someone else does.
:wink:

With these awesome tips, you will never truly be separated from your computer! :D
all good tips. put me in front of a computer and close the door and I'll find a way in.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:03 pm

Oh yeah, one more thing: You can probably reset the mobo bios settings by using the jumper pins on the mobo. That should get rid of the BIOS lock. ;)

Excellent

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:29 pm

Well, I could just lock it myself! :P Thanks for the info on the recovery thing, I forgot all about that!

I've been wearing the gavineer's belt buckle for a while, and it holds up great. Just gotta get my hands on a camera again! :D

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;