Wii Laptop Case

Yes it is nice to be able to put your projects INSIDE something isn't it? You know, to hold everything together so it doesn't flop around? Discuss the techniques here!

Moderator:Moderators

stanokaka
Wii Laptop Case

Post by stanokaka » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:32 pm

Ok, so im making a wii laptop and need a case so im thinking if i buy expanded pvc and then dremel it and put it together?
would it work good?

BioHazzrd

Re: Wii Laptop Case

Post by BioHazzrd » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:24 am

Anything will work good if you take the time and effort to make it work good that being said I personally prefer vacuum forming. You can find tutorials on how to make one all over the place and the cases usually look OEM.
If at first you don't succeed... Call it version 0.5

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Post by Haunted360 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:53 am

Yea, vacuum forming is the way to go.

If you glue and or dremel PCB, it will turn out terrible no matter what tools you use. It will also be hard to work with as it will crack, split and chip because it is brittle.

You can easily build a vacuum former that will do the job (as I was going to do) with basic wood working skills. See Marshallh's site (http://retroactive.be/l64/) and you will get a basic idea of how to do it.

If not, I accept Commissions. (VIA my site).

So build a case out of wood yourself (IE: Mould) and then send it over to be professionally vacuum formed using my schools $8300 one!!!

Good Luck!

limpport

Post by limpport » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:25 pm

Haunted360 wrote:
If you glue and or dremel PCB, it will turn out terrible no matter what tools you use. It will also be hard to work with as it will crack, split and chip because it is brittle.
Do you mean PVC? Cause dremeling a PCB is one of the best ways to cut them cleanly.