Polycase?

Yes it is nice to be able to put your projects INSIDE something isn't it? You know, to hold everything together so it doesn't flop around? Discuss the techniques here!

Moderator:Moderators

budnespid
Polycase?

Post by budnespid » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:52 pm

I emailed them at websales@polycase.com around 3 or 4 days ago and they have not responded.

This is my email
Dear Polycase,

I was wondering if I could get a sample of the AG series.
This one seems right. http://www.polycase.com/item/ag-85.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am looking for a sample of the Textured Area for Consistent Surface Grey case.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Jacob C. Allen

I'm not sure if I sent it to the right address or If I am getting too antsy. :? How long does it usually take for them to respond? Thanks.

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Re: Polycase?

Post by samjc3 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:18 pm

nice job. if you would just follow the instructions they have posted on every page about getting a sample you wouldnt have this issue. you call them at their sample number and ask. dont email their costumer service.

also, dont be a loser, just pay for the damn thing. :wtf:
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

budnespid

Post by budnespid » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:29 pm

If I can't get a sample I will pay, there's nothing wrong with one freebie. :D But I thought if you called they asked for company info.

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:20 pm

budnespid wrote:If I can't get a sample I will pay, there's nothing wrong with one freebie. :D But I thought if you called they asked for company info.
They do if you email too...

If they even respond
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

budnespid

Post by budnespid » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:25 pm

uuugh could someone just tell me how to get a sample?

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:36 pm

just pay. They aren't expensive. I buy all of mine. Besides, it's not ethical to try and rip off such a friendly company. They have real americans who can actually speak english on their phone lines, and when they had trouble with my order once and did not recieve my payment, they were not dicks about it and we settled everything very nicely over the phone. plus they don't talk in monotone. It's like talking to a real person when dealing with polycase. If you want to try to cheat a company out of free samples cheat some chinese company.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

budnespid

Post by budnespid » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:00 pm

Only themadhacker's power could get me to break down! :D I guess after such a great review I ought to feel obligated to buy from them. Thanks madhacker!

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:12 am

no problem :D

Teresa

Post by Teresa » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:14 am

@ themadhacker: Thank you for your kind words :D It's very nice to know that our efforts are noticed. As a Polycase representative, I am honored. We do strive for that personal touch and are proud to be American made, in America. We are real people who answer your calls and emails. There is no automation in our Customer Service department.

@ budnespid: I am very sorry you haven't received a response to your request. We do strive for a nearly-immediate acknowledgment to emails and calls. Please call one of our CSRs at 800-248-1233 and we will be happy to discuss options with you. As we have no minimums, even if we are not able to send you the product as a free sample, we will be able to assist you with the purchase. :)

budnespid

Post by budnespid » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:02 pm

YAY! More reassurance! Thanks Teresa!

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:39 pm

I've never had to call, but when I did order some cases from polycase (for JariV), I was able to use my own UPS account for the shipping, which I really like. They won't rip you off on shipping; if you don't give your own account, they only charge what it really costs, like Digikey or McMaster-Carr do.

My order was also shipped right away.
Last edited by nevermind1534 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:12 pm

Really ... THE Teresa ???

She helped me several times and was very kind. One time I needed new endcaps on a ZN-45 and she sent them for free.

Nice to see you here Teresa :)
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:33 am

It's nice to see a polycase representative on here. I always wondered what you guys thought of what we do with the cases.

Teresa

Post by Teresa » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:33 am

You all are so nice!!!

We love finding out what customers do with our cases! I especially like to see what you guys are doing, since we can't see your products on store shelves. Large commercial customers are wonderful but the individual customers and hobbyists do a lot of creative projects that don't get recognition or any sort of advertising. In fact, we will be requesting information about what our customers are doing with their Polycase enclosures through our blog. If anyone is interested in sharing pictures of their product, and bragging a bit about your projects, I'm happy to post it to the blog for you.

Wow, hailrazer, glad you had such a pleasantly memorable experience! Thank you (curtsey); it's nice to be here:)

nevermind1534 is right: We charge you only what UPS Charges us to ship your product. Thanks for the support and kind words. I'm glad you are happy with our service too!

kibble

Post by kibble » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:24 am

:shock: Whoa! Never thought I'd see the day when an actual rep would post about what's done with a particular companies' product on an enthusiast/hobbyist site! It's nice to know that at least you (Teresa) think that what's done by hobbyists with your companies' product is worth recognizing. I, for some reason, was under the impression that major companies frowned at their products not being used by other big companies, don't know why. Maybe because of all the questions some ask about company names/job titles, etc. when trying to order something from them.
Coming Soon: Kibble's L'Ectroshop (parts and stuff FS)