360 and LCD inside a metal briefcase....

Yes it is nice to be able to put your projects INSIDE something isn't it? You know, to hold everything together so it doesn't flop around? Discuss the techniques here!

Moderator:Moderators

rcpitlane
360 and LCD inside a metal briefcase....

Post by rcpitlane » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:41 am

Hey all...

I am putting a 360 and an HP 17" lcd inside a breifcase. I have converted the board over to an atx computer power supply. The lcd screen that I have has a bad power supply. In doing research I found that most LCD's only require 5 and 12 volts and a ground to run. And they only use about 1.2 amps. so I was hoping to run the screen off the atx power as well as the 360. I've included pictures of the power board from the HP VS17E, I think I can cut the circuit board right were there is conviently already a white line. And it looks like the There is some kind of power converter that connects the two sections. In that section I have used red paint where I would assume my 5v 12v and ground would hook up. Just curious what everyone else thinks and if you have any insite......

the board won't let me upload the pictures, so pm your email and I can send you the three pictures, they are small.

rcpitlane

Re: 360 and LCD inside a metal briefcase....

Post by rcpitlane » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:24 pm

here's the pics...

rcpitlane

Post by rcpitlane » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:07 pm

I figured out my lcd monitor. I have to do an amp test to figure out what it's drawing but I did get it to run off a power connecter from the atx power supply.

Does anyone know of any other projects like this? I'm just curious to see some other layouts. I've got my case and bunch of aluminum to help stiffen it, no I just have to figure out my layout and how to get the dvd accessable.

64M320N3

Post by 64M320N3 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:24 am

To get more help on this, you should probably move it to the right forum...
Say, the xbox360/ps3/wii forum?
That's why nobody has responded to you.
Making stuff with my new beautiful CNC machine!
Would you like a professional looking custom case for your portable? I may be able to help you. Check out this link:
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32724