The world's first Saturn portable! How about a Satrun forum?

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Where should Saturn stuff go?

PSX forum
3%
Sega forum
80%
I don't care but I like voting!
17%

Total votes: 66

segasonicfan

Post by segasonicfan » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:20 am

well looks like my lil ol portable Saturn still stirs things up :P

Yeah, that was the worlds first portable Saturn and it did run off batts. I actually took it for a test run one day and played it on the bus. I ended up scraping the project due to time commitments and yes, breaking too many Saturns ;)

Fortunately I have managed to repair 6 of the Saturns I broke so I may begin the project yet again. It was just burning a whole in my pocket though cause the Saturn is damn easy to fry, slightly expensive ($50ish with shipping) and I went through 11 of them! I gutted the other 5 too much for parts over the years so they were beyond repair :( Now that I have 6 laying around however, it may be worth putting them to some use again.

It's also not a project mentioned on my site because I believe it was before my current webpage was up (that's why it's only only on my Yahoo photos album). And these are the real last pics of the project:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/tuneviperz1 ... 40705262/0
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/tuneviperz1 ... 40716955/1

oh, and right now I'm rebuilding/improving the CDX portable ^_^

-Segasonicfan

A_Username

Re: The world's first Saturn portable! How about a Satrun fo

Post by A_Username » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:56 pm

The Sega Saturn wasn't as good as it could've been. If it wasn't so hard to program for, it could've been great.

The Satrun as a console :(

The Satrun as a handheld 8)

-Derek

Gump-in-space

Post by Gump-in-space » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:23 pm

I think the Saturn should share a forum with Dreamcast as they are both disk systems, and they have other things in common.
Gamelver wrote:aw, I thought they were gonna be Gameboys inside the bricks :P.

sammy

Post by sammy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:12 pm

Saturn should go in the Sega forum. Putting it somewhere else would lower the traffic on the Sega forum even more. I think average now is about a post a day...

Kyosho
Portablizer

Post by Kyosho » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:35 pm

I realize the discussion is pretty much settled (Sega forum), but I say, put it in with the Dreamcast as "Dreamcast and Saturn" because the Dreamcast forum is probably the most neglected one here.