FS: Nonvolatile 1M (4x) N64 Memory Cards

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

qwertymodo
360 GamerTag:qwertymodo
Steam ID:qwertymodo
Re: FS: Nonvolatile 1M (4x) N64 Memory Cards

Post by qwertymodo » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:01 pm

You could do it to Pokemon, but it would be difficult to wire it up considering the pinout will be nowhere near the same, and the 1Mbit parts are TSOP packages. Also, there's a lot less room to work inside a Gameboy cart for things like the slider switch. For Gameboy, you'd be better off just using a Mega Memory Card to switch between multiple saves. The cost would be pretty similar. If you want to make sure the saves never die as well, you could also do the NV save mod (see my post at the end for the right part number that works better than the one stuntpenguin007 used)

qwertymodo

Post by qwertymodo » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Woohoo, got my $150 chip order in today and got all of my remaining PCB's populated.

All of my cart shells are back in my dorm room, and I'm home for the Christmas break, so I won't be able to ship until after New Years, but after that, I'll have 1x cards ready to ship. :D

qwertymodo

Post by qwertymodo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:55 am

Ok, I have the 4x boards routed. Now I just need to double/triple check the schematics and my board outline measurements to make sure I didn't do anything stupid. Other than that, I'm a bit tight on funds right now, so it might be a little while before I can actually order the PCB's, but I figured I'd keep this updated. 4x cards are nearing completion :)

Edit: my bad for the huge image...