For Sale: Archos 101 Gen8 2.2 Android Tablet

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

wallydawg
For Sale: Archos 101 Gen8 2.2 Android Tablet

Post by wallydawg » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:26 am

$165 shipped to USA.

I recently picked up an Amazon Kindle Fire so I have my Archos 101 gen8 tablet up for sale. I am the original owner and have had it just over a year. Tablet is in perfect shape, no scratches dents or dings. Here's a bunch of rambling information about it:

Features:
10.1" Capacitive Touchscreen (1024x600 resolution)
Official Android 2.2
8GB internal Storage/seemingly limitless external storage with full USB port and Micro SD slot
1ghz single core processor
Bluetooth. Works great with Wii controller/emulators.
Pros:
Full USB Port. Also works with my External WD Passport External HD.
HDMI out. Great for watching movies/playing emulators. The screen goes black when you are in TV-Out mode and the whole screen acts like a laptop touchpad.
female of the dog species' Battery Life. When it was new I was nearly a week battery life with moderate daily use and turning if off at night. Currently I get around 3-4 days of battery under the same circumstances.
1/2" thin.
Has official Android Market support and Amazon Appstore support.
Supports a large amount of video codecs and the like. Ones that are missing I think you can get from the archos store or something, but I just always converted them instead.

Cons:
Viewing angles kind of meh. It's not completely terrible but it does wash out a bit at some angles. Watching dead on, or side-by-side (if you were watching a movie with someone) it's perfectly fine.
crap Camera/Webcam. VGA quality at best, if even that.
It has a built in articulating kickstand but it doesn't work very well. It's loose so I just rest the kickstand on a book or something for a good viewing angle.
Sluggish at times

Other Stuff:
How to Root
Available Alternate OS's. They are working on a 4.0 port but I don't think it is stable yet. Has a linux port which is actually pretty cool.

What I'm including:
Tablet w/original box & all pamphlets
Power Adapter
Carrying Bag
Mini HDMI-to-HDMI cable

I have a Zagg Shield screen protector on it since Day 1. Zagg shields have a lifetime warranty so you can peel it off and send it back them if you want a New one, you just have to pay the return shipping.

PICTURES?!?!

dsv101
360 GamerTag:Dsv101

Re: For Sale: Archos 101 Gen8 2.2 Android Tablet

Post by dsv101 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:07 am

I'll talk to may dad about this, he has been wanting a tablet or laptop recently. ;)

wallydawg

Re: For Sale: Archos 101 Gen8 2.2 Android Tablet

Post by wallydawg » Wed May 16, 2012 8:32 pm

Bump I guess, lowered to $155 shipped.

Tapatalk mobile post wooooooo