Some general questions

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

Bobby
Some general questions

Post by Bobby » Sun May 25, 2008 10:09 am

Hi,
I get bored realy fast on rainy days so I was searching the web for new projects to waste my time on^^!
I found out about this book and already got it *lucky me :D*!
Guess what? I already got a few questions even before I laid my finger on the first computer part!
Let`s get started:
Is there a big differene between PAL and NTSC consoles?
What do I have to keep in mid if I`m following Bens book while ripping appart my poor old PAL NES?
I`m from europe and kind of don`t have any NTSC consoles^^!

Is it a big deal to... not use the original PSOne screen? These are pretty rare where I live but there are some cheap lookalikes on ebay.
I just wanted to know if it`s a problem to follow the instructions of the book without the original screen.

Well... I think that`s it for now. I hope you do understand me... my english is not that good! ;)

Greetings,
Bobby

Bobby

Re: Some general questions

Post by Bobby » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:40 am

2 years later still the same question!
Everything I realy want to know is whether or not I`m going to toast my PAL NES when I`m going to use the same specs for voltage as they are described in the book!
Sorry this might be a stupid question but everyone needs to start somewhere.

Thanks for your time.

~Bob
When I was a kid,
nearly everything I did,
was making myself ready,
for banging with my heady!

D3MONOOB

Post by D3MONOOB » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:19 am

Bobby wrote:Hi,
I get bored realy fast on rainy days so I was searching the web for new projects to waste my time on^^!
I found out about this book and already got it *lucky me :D*!
Guess what? I already got a few questions even before I laid my finger on the first computer part!
Let`s get started:
Is there a big differene between PAL and NTSC consoles?
What do I have to keep in mid if I`m following Bens book while ripping appart my poor old PAL NES?
I`m from europe and kind of don`t have any NTSC consoles^^!

Is it a big deal to... not use the original PSOne screen? These are pretty rare where I live but there are some cheap lookalikes on ebay.
I just wanted to know if it`s a problem to follow the instructions of the book without the original screen.

Well... I think that`s it for now. I hope you do understand me... my english is not that good! ;)

Greetings,
Bobby
if ur looking for a good screens that arent hard to find i suggest u consult the screen hacking section i wouldnt just buy willy nilly most of these guys know what there talking bout

2.there isnt a big difference between pal and ntsc consoles cept for the fact pal games only work on pal consoles ntsc on ntsc consoles but there are ways around this esseentially you can make most consoles reigon free

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:47 am

Thanks for your answere! I think I will simply try to follow the book as close as possible!
When I was a kid,
nearly everything I did,
was making myself ready,
for banging with my heady!