What's wrong with the transformer?

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

pLover
What's wrong with the transformer?

Post by pLover » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:22 pm

For some reason, It's incredibly difficult for me to desolder the PSone Screen's transformer (with 2 leads on one side, 4 on the other). If I just ripped off the transformer, would that work? Or would the leads still be a shock hazard / energy suckers?

Designer noob

Re: What's wrong with the transformer?

Post by Designer noob » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:39 pm

If you take of the transformer you will need to do the LED mod. IF you want to do the LEd mod just dremel of the top part. Look on bacteria's website for a guide on how to do this.
The N64/GBA Remix
Image ............................................................................................................................................. Xbox360 WVI

simon66

Post by simon66 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:37 am

pLover wrote:For some reason, It's incredibly difficult for me to desolder the PSone Screen's transformer (with 2 leads on one side, 4 on the other). If I just ripped off the transformer, would that work? Or would the leads still be a shock hazard / energy suckers?
here is link were it tlls you how to remove the top part

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=32850" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Credit to Life of Brian :P

pLover

Post by pLover » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:02 pm

Thank you!