PS2p HELP!!!!

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

roxasnobody
PS2p HELP!!!!

Post by roxasnobody » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:06 am

hi im trying to make a ps2p and i am wondering can i hook up the psps screen on it? and............ how can i hook it up to the motherboard? and if someone has a how-to plz let me know

Ben Cebhrem

Post by Ben Cebhrem » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:28 am

Sorry, but the short answer is no, it is not possible. Though by all means it can be done, you would have to build a multi IC circuit, and so far as I know, there is no walkthrough for such a thing, as it depends mainly on the screen being used.

roxasnobody

Post by roxasnobody » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:31 am

CFC Fodder wrote:Sorry, but the short answer is no, it is not possible. Though by all means it can be done, you would have to build a multi IC circuit, and so far as I know, there is no walkthrough for such a thing, as it depends mainly on the screen being used.
ok but wich screen can i use? and if u know a how-to for the ps2p plz let me know

Ben Cebhrem

Post by Ben Cebhrem » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:36 am

Well, the only place I know of is here, on the forums. We have all kinds of information here- how people built their own portables, what screens they've used, how they've built a case, and so on. The best thing I can tell you to do is to search the forums. Take your time, read through it, pore over it, and really come to understand what you're going to do before you do it. That way, you'll have a strong idea of what you can, and cannot do. Sorry to be harsh, but there's very few people that will hold another person's hand in building a portable, and rightly so; building one is an achievement in and of itself that no can take from you, and a way to prove to yourself that you can think outside of the normal boundaries you've set up for yourself.

That being said, I really do need to build a portable one day. :oops:

roxasnobody

Post by roxasnobody » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:38 am

CFC Fodder wrote:Well, the only place I know of is here, on the forums. We have all kinds of information here- how people built their own portables, what screens they've used, how they've built a case, and so on. The best thing I can tell you to do is to search the forums. Take your time, read through it, pore over it, and really come to understand what you're going to do before you do it. That way, you'll have a strong idea of what you can, and cannot do. Sorry to be harsh, but there's very few people that will hold another person's hand in building a portable, and rightly so; building one is an achievement in and of itself that no can take from you, and a way to prove to yourself that you can think outside of the normal boundaries you've set up for yourself.

That being said, I really do need to build a portable one day. :oops:
ok im rly going to dump the ps2p and stars with the psp 2g

Basement_Modder
Portablizer

Post by Basement_Modder » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:57 am

Am I the only one who thinks this should be placed in the ps2, gc, x360, etc. forum?

Ben doesn't have ps2 in his book.
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

roxasnobody

Post by roxasnobody » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:59 am

Basement_Modder wrote:Am I the only one who thinks this should be placed in the ps2, gc, x360, etc. forum?

ok do u know how to power a ps2 using a laptop im going to use 9 psp batterys XD :P

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:50 pm

roxasnobody wrote:
Basement_Modder wrote:Am I the only one who thinks this should be placed in the ps2, gc, x360, etc. forum?

ok do u know how to power a ps2 using a laptop im going to use 9 psp batterys XD :P
that is never going to work. period. And I am no ps2 genious*, but can't it output rbg like the psp screen? even though psp screen would be wayyyyy to small for a laptop

*yes it's Ironic, but I misspelled genious, can someone tell me how to spell it?
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

jjhammerstein

Post by jjhammerstein » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:45 pm

eurddrue wrote: that is never going to work. period. And I am no ps2 genious*, but can't it output rbg like the psp screen? even though psp screen would be wayyyyy to small for a laptop

*yes it's Ironic, but I misspelled genious, can someone tell me how to spell it?
He said he would POWER it with psp BATTERIES.
Read it again, Jesus.

anyway, 8 psp batteries would give you 14600mAh, enough juice to go to the moon and back. Don't use odd numbers, it's bad. Charging might be complicated, I think you might need to run them in a 2x8 array to get enough voltage.

Don't ask me though.

It's "Genius".
GET FREE WOW GOLD SEX VISIT MODRETRO

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:50 pm

I read power, you aren't going to be able to power a ps2 laptop with 9 psp batteries, that's what I said
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:

jjhammerstein

Post by jjhammerstein » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:52 pm

eurddrue wrote:I read power, you aren't going to be able to power a ps2 laptop with 9 psp batteries, that's what I said
Why not?

eurddrue

Post by eurddrue » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:54 pm

jjhammerstein wrote:
eurddrue wrote:I read power, you aren't going to be able to power a ps2 laptop with 9 psp batteries, that's what I said
Why not?
wrong voltages, yes enough mah, but wrong voltages, odd numbers of batteries don't usually work right ever
wallydawg wrote:

jjhammerstein

Post by jjhammerstein » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:59 pm

eurddrue wrote:
jjhammerstein wrote:
Why not?
wrong voltages, yes enough mah, but wrong voltages, odd numbers of batteries don't usually work right ever
PSP batteries output 3.7V.

You could run a 3x3 array, outputting 11.3V for 5400mAh.
That's really not that bad.

The only difficulty comes with charging a series.

EDIT: I meant charging in Parallel. My bad.

eurddrue

Post by eurddrue » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:04 pm

I thought about that, but wouldn't 11.3v be too low for the ps2 slim? I thought in needed 12v
wallydawg wrote:

jjhammerstein

Post by jjhammerstein » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:06 pm

eurddrue wrote:I thought about that, but wouldn't 11.3v be too low for the ps2 slim? I thought in needed 12v
No, 8.5v.

The only reason you need that much voltage is to power the LCD.